Monday, December 17, 2007

Sermon Challenge
The Christmas Story

Matthew 1, 2; Luke 2


I love the Christmas season. There is something to be said for this time of the year. I love Christmas trees, I love Christmas lights, I love peanut butter fudge. I love Christmas music, giving gifts and yes, the cold rain brings it all together nicely.

Sometimes in the midst of all of this we forget the real purpose, the real meaning behind Christmas. I want to give you an action required Challenge this week. I want to challenge everyone to spend some time this week in the Christmas story. Read it aloud to your spouse, to your children or grand children. Soak in the story, remind yourself, all of these things about Christmas are fun, but the real meaning about Christmas revolves around a little baby.

1 comment:

  1. Studying for communion meditations is a good reminder of the connection from the manger to the grave and to heaven. C

    ReplyDelete