Monday, July 14, 2008


Pure Power

This is an awesome picture of the incredible view we had from our guest house this week that my in-laws graciously rented for our families. I was able to absorb this view each night as the sunset and for a vacation this was truly a get-a-way. As great a picture as this is I'm not sure if it truly captures how incredible the view was.

I love the ocean, I have not spent the time on the ocean that I was sure I would when we moved here, none the less, I am truly taken back by the sheer power, beauty and magnificence of the ocean. Watching the waves come in, understanding the rise of the tide, how truly awesome the ocean is! I could listen to the waves for hours on end when given the chance. How strong is the ocean? I'm not sure it can be described, I'm not sure I can fathom it fully.

In a sense, that is God. Who can truly describe Him? Who can understand His depth? His greatness? Job 38 is an incredible chapter of the Bible, God explaining to Job the vastness of this world, the precision that God put into His creation, its magnitude and glory created by an even bigger God.

Consider the creation all around you this, week. Watch the beauty of the trees, the splendor of the flowers, the power of the wind, all created by a God who loves you dearly. And as you focus on Him, give Him praise for being bigger than you and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment