Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 1 Recap:

I sure don't have as much time as I had hoped to write these updates, between the conference and catching up with old friends my days seem incredibly short. Here are the classes I attended on Tuesday:

Leading in Uncertain Times. This class was great about leadership. I former business president, now a student at BBC talked about what it means to be in leadership. He spoke of foundations, how God is the foundation and we need to be cultivating that relationship and we are the foundation for others as leaders. People begin to reflect their leaders, so, how are you doing?

Then I went the class, Change Everything: Worship Services. Got a lot of great ideas from the worship leader at Tomoka Church in Florida. They had great video ideas and great service order ideas as well.

Then I went to see my sister for the evening and love on my neices. What a blast!

Then I went to the evening session. AWESOME worship last night, by the BBC group. I was very impressed by our main speaker Joe Putting, who challenged the pastors to not be Chaplins and just care the needs of the needy church people, but to focus on being like Jesus and reaching out to the down trodden.

I will add more detail when I have time and update everyone with the classes I have been attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment